What is Cat® Certified Used?
In order to be good enough to be Cat Certified Used equipment, every used machine has to pass Cat’s rigorous and detailed inspection program, and comes with a minimum of a 6-month powertrain warranty.
We don’t just check the oil and kick the tires. We analyze and rate every component of the machine, from the engine and hydraulics to the seat cushions and operator’s manual. In some cases, that’s up to 140 inspection points for each piece of used equipment. And that’s just the first step.
To be Cat Certified Used, machines also have to have low hours. All Cat Certified Used equipment have low hours and are no more than three to five years old. And their tires, undercarriage and Ground Engaging Tools must have at least 50% life left.
And what do you get out of it? Confidence. Confidence in knowing where your used machine came from. Confidence from having detailed inspection reports. And confidence that your machine lives up to a higher standard.
All Cat Certified Used equipment includes:
- Minimum of a 6-month powertrain warranty
- Up to a 140-point inspection
- Less than 50% wear on Tires, Undercarriage, and Ground Engaging Tools
- Scheduled maintenance completed by a Cat factory trained technician
- Financing available with competitive interest rates
- Extended service coverage options